- Regular in-depth check-ups by your Vet is the way to maintain a healthy animal.
- Dogs: The most common infectious diseases can be prevented by vaccinating dogs at 2 months and 3 months of age, then one year later for the booster. These are: Distemper, Parvo, Leptospirosis, Hepatitis and Rabies.
- Cats: Rabies is a concerning disease in cats, too. Additional they should be vaccinated in The Gambia against Cat Flu and Panleukopenia.
- Rabbits: We see many flying insects in The Gambia. Especially flies and mosquitoes can transmit Myxomatosis to your bunny. Your Vet recommends additional the protection against RHD.
- Horses: Tetanus is a must-have vaccination. Whenever a horse has an injury it can develop Tetanus intoxication if not vaccinated. Additional recommendations: Rabies and Influenza. Contact your Vets for more information about horse diseases in The Gambia, like Epizootic Lymphangitis.
- Poultry: We can provide you with the latest health plans for protecting your poultry against various viral, bacterial and parasitic diseases.
- Livestock animals: Contact us for detailed information of health plans for the various livestock species: Cattle, sheep, goats and others.
- We provide European standard soft tissue surgery.
- X-rays can be taken of your pet if indicated.
- A very often used tool nowadays: An abdominal scan gives you useful hints about the function of many internal organs of your dog or cat. Early detection of a pregnancy is possible, too.
- Heartworm-Examination and tests for other blood-parasites, like Trypanosoma, are done frequently in our clinic.
- Examination of the main organic functions (Liver, Kidney, Pancreas values) are performed by an in-house RefloVet Analyser. We receive the results of these tests within minutes!
- The PCV of your animal can be found-out in 5min by spinning in a high-speed centrifuge.